Region :- Kashmir, J & K
Duration :- 8 Days
Grade :- Moderate
Max Altitude :- 13,750 Ft.
Approx Trekking Km :- 72 Kms.
Day 1 :- Arrive at Sonamarg
- Altitude – 7800 ft
- 90 kms drive from Shrinagar, which will take approx. 3 hours.
- If booked in advance, pick up can be arranged from TRC by TTH at 3pm.
- Our campsite is located near the Sindh River (Shitkadi Village).
- Since there are no shops around ensure that you have all that you need already.
- Remember to carry your ID proof(original) and 2 photo copies as they have to be submitted at the army check post.
Day 2:- Sonamarg to Nichnai via Shekdur.
- Altitude – 7,800 ft to 11,500 ft
- Trek distance – 11 kms (approx. 8 hours)
- After the breakfast the guests will trek to Nichnai via Shekdur.
- The trail takes you through meadows, dense forests with Maple, Pine and Bhoj trees.
- After approx half an hour, there is another army check post where ID proofs will have to be submitted.
- While you are at it, you can enjoy an awesome view of the Sonmarg Valley or the Thajiwas Glacier.
- The trek from Shitkadi to Shekdur goes through thick forests of pine trees and will take approx. 2 and half hours.
- At Shekdur, you can indulge in instant noodles and an omelette if you wish to do so.
- The Nichnai Stream will be followed as we trek from Shekdur to Nichnai.
- Guests will have lunch at the Nichnai stream, after Shekdur.
Day 3 :- Nichnai to Vishansar lake via Nachnai Pass
- Altitude – 11,500 ft to 12,000 ft via 13100 ft
- Trek distance – 12 kms (approx. 7 hours)
- Trek from Nichnai to Nichnai Pass will approx. take 1 and half hours and has a gradual ascent.
- At the top of Nichnai Pass you can get B.S.N.L network, which is the last point under mobile coverage area.
- From Nichnai pass to Vishansar the guests will experience a gradual descent.
- Lunch will be offered at Vishansar campsite.
- Guests can visit the Vishansar Lake which is a mere 15 minutes walk from the campsite. This is the first lake of the trek and one of the most beautiful ones.
- The lake is usually frozen in July. Otherwise, guests can go fishing at the lake with permission from Srinagar Fishing Department.
- Vishansar is visited by hoards of sheep and their shepherds who are known to tell interesting stories.
- The campsite is a unique place with an open ground and guests can play volleyball, cricket etc.
- Beware of dogs at campsite
Day 4:- Acclimatisation + Rest Day. (Conditions Apply)
- You may visit Kishansar lake, which is at approx. 1 and half kms from our camp site.
- If the weather isn’t great we will use acclimatisation day at vishansar or else move towards next camp site, also rest day can be used at Gangbal camp site.
Day 5:- Vishansar lake to Gadsar via Gadsar Pass
- Altitude – (12,000ft) to (12,000ft) via (13,750ft)
- Trek distance – 14 kms (approx. 10 hours)
- Trek will start earlier than usual
- The trail passes from Vishansar to Gadsar, via Gadsar pass which is the highest point of the trek.
- From Vishansar, the trail takes a steep ascent till Gadsar Pass.
- Kishansar Lake is visible on the way.
- From the Gadsar pass till the camp site, the path descend gradually.
- Guests can spot the Gadsar lake en route.
- One might even spot the Glacier of Gadsar Lake.
- After the Gadsar lake, guests will reach the campsite in 2 hours.
- Just a few minutes before the campsite, guests will have to go through another army checkpoint and will have to share our ID proofs with them.
- Packed lunch will be provided at the campsite.
Day 6 :- Gadsar to Satsar
- Altitude – 12,000 ft to 12,000 ft
- Trek distance – 9 kms (approx. 6 hours)
- The trail is laden in vibrant flowers from mid July to mid august.
- The guests will have to share their IDs at another army check post en route.
- Moving on, the guests will see two small lakes which are often mistaken as Satsar Lakes.
- Te guests will visit the Satsar twin lakes, in the afternoon, which are approx 1.3 hours away. Stasar twin lakes are also known as mengen top. These twin lakes are located in between the mountain.
Day 7 :- Satsar to Gangabal twin lakes via Zaj Pass
- Altitude – 12,000 ft to 11,500 ft 13000
- Trek distance – 11 kms trek (approx. 6 hours)
- The guests will walk on rocky paths for approx. an hour and ascend on the same till Jazz Pass.
- At the pass, guests can enjoy views of the 4 lakes, Mt. Harmukh and its glaciers.
- From the pass the guests will descend till the Gangbal lake and camp at Nandkol lake.
- The guests will visit the Gangbal Lake, which is one of the largest lakes seen during the trek.
- Post dinner, a team of Kashmiri staff will perform their traditional songs and dance for the group.
Day 8 :- Gangabal to Naranag Drive to Srinagar
- Altitude – 11,500 ft to 7,450 ft
- Trek distance – 15 kms trek (approx. 7 hours)
- The trail has a gradual descent till the last point of the trek – Naranag, guests are advised to take care of their knees and ankles.
- The trail will pass through pine tree forests.
- On advance booking, TTH can arrange transport to Srinagar at a charge. After the 70 kms drive, you will reach Srinagar by 6:30 pm.
Mr. Salman : 8884926029
Mr. Narotam : 9880462044